Saturday, May 22, 2010

Do Bands Need To Update Their Website More Often?



I was browsing through the interweb today to find out the latest on this cool new band the Built To Spills. But I soon realized that the latest news on their site was from April 20, 2010. Flustered, I began frantically checking other band websites and in my panic I discovered that most of their news was all a week or more old. How can I like a band if I'm not perpetually submerged in their pool of news and rumors?

Should bands update their sites more often to remain relevant?
Am I out of the loop because I still check band websites and don't understand how to follow them on Twitter?
Is Built To Spill the greatest/only band in Idaho? Is Pawnee better than Idaho due to its superior 'Parks and Recreation' program?

Arctic Monkeys clearly don't care about their fanbase either because their last news post is from April 4, 2010. At first I was totally stoked since it said 08-04-10 because that would be the future, but then I remembered they're from Britainland.

Did the Arctic Monkeys flop really hard with their last album?
Should the Arctic Monkeys start a chillwave project? Or would it just freeze due to low arctic temperatures?
Are the Arctic Monkeys the best band in the UK since Oasis/The Stone Roses/The Smiths/The Beatles?

No comments:

Post a Comment